Officials confirm that Minister Savage will attend COP27 with one ministry staff member, the Deputy Minister and three staff from the Ministry of Environment and Protected Areas. Alberta’s expanded delegation is expected to include participation from industry, academia, investors, youth, non-governmental organizations and municipalities.
The conference is considered the largest and most important annual climate summit in the world. COP27 is taking place in Egypt from November 6-18 and will include discussions between heads of state, ministers, negotiators, activists, municipalities, civil society representatives and CEOs from around the world on global issues such as greenhouse gas emissions greenhouse effect and building resilience to change. climate.
The Government of Alberta says it is committed to working with domestic and international partners to advance shared interests, such as innovative technology development, which can lead to new opportunities for economic growth and reduced programs for communities and businesses in Alberta and around the world.
Itinerary for Minister Savage (subject to change)
- November 9: Leaving Calgary
- November 10: Arrival in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt
- November 11th:
- Briefing by the Alberta delegation on the status of the COP27 negotiations
- Attend side events related to Pathways Alliance, Food Security, Clean Technology Innovation Network, Article 6, and Carbon Capture and Storage
- Participate in a roundtable on technological innovations at the Sustainable Innovation Forum
- November 12: Attend events related to water, adaptation and economic transitions
- November 13:
- Meet the delegates from Alberta attending COP27
- Attend the Global Biodiversity Summit and the Conservative Global Climate Summit
- November 14:
- Join the Global Biodiversity Summit
- Participate in a panel discussion on women leading the energy transformation
- Speak at a luncheon hosted by Emissions Reduction Alberta and Alberta Innovates
- Meet representatives from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Business Council for Sustainable Energy, Center for Climate and Energy Solutions, and others
- November 15:
- Facilitate a panel discussion on national and subnational partnerships that reduce methane emissions
- Attend bilateral meetings with representatives of other governments, including representatives of US states, the UK and Germany, in addition to multinational corporations
- November 16: Departure Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt